Saturday, February 18, 2012

Trails at UCA

I recently read an article about the Jewel E. Moore Trail at the University of Central Arkansas.  Since I'm living in Fayetteville now, I sent a skilled field reporter, aka my older sister, who happens to be taking some graduate classes there to investigate.  I ended up getting a ton of great information for my money ($0, though if you are reading this, I can reimburse gas).

UCA has nearly 3 miles of trail that range greatly with respect to width, material, and scenery.   You can view an official map here and a detailed description of the trail here.  Not surprisingly, the two nicest sections of the trail are the ones that run through more natural areas of the campus, though these trails can be (and today were) wet and muddy in places.  These easy, fairly level trails have lots of benches if you need to take a break or just want to soak up some nature.







View UCA Trails in a larger map

No comments:

Post a Comment